Sunday, May 24, 2009

Come Sail Away with Me...

So the long wait is over...the " New " older door is ready for its reveal. Tada! The Nautical Blue seems to have won the votes. With my creative juices still flowing I decided to do the transformation on Friday.Gus decided to be my little painting apprentice. Didn't last long at all. But, he added for some great entertainment & cute pictures I may add. I may add a brass plate at the bottom, but not too sure just yet. Stay tuned. I love how we are the only, or of the few , to have a different color door. Although, it was a little funny when I was painting, I had our Hispanic neighbor across the street tell me how he loved it & if we were going to paint the brick as well. He really liked the color we gave the house. I smiled as I thought of the movie ' Fools Rush In ' when Matthew Perry came home to his cookie-cutter neighborhood & his home was changed with the vibrant new colors. We will not go that drastic & believe brick should NOT be painted. Isn't that the purpose of having brick? Anywho, I wish I had rested a bit more to prepare me for the hellacious weekend I had at work. Non-stop. I felt, at times, I need to cath myself because of time restraints. Ha. But, many of you know, we mommies can't relax too much. Instead of doing just that on Sunday after church, I took Barrett to see Night at the Museum:Battle of the Smithsonian. I laugh at how I try to carry my camera everywhere for my " blogging " moments, such as these. I laugh, because I tried to get Barrett's picture in front of the theatre.The sun was soooo bright he couldn't see, so I offered my sunglasses. My Nicole Richie, Ashley Olsen big glasses. Ha. We had a great mommy-son time. He's such a sweet & very entertaining child. His little catchphrases are hilarious. The boys keep me smilin' & always on my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment