Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Oh...That's Where You Work!!!???

So I was at our local primary care physician group this morning getting some lab work drawn. ( Nothing is wrong or anything , just having some diagnostics done ) Anywho, to give a little background of the last 30 hours...Couldn't sleep Sunday night & began working on, duh, this blog. So going to bed at 2ish was not the smartest. Woke up at 6:45a with pitter-patter of four curious feet making their way to my oh, so comfy king size bed & they found the shell of their "mommy" underneath her covers. I knew my rest was overthrown at that moment. We get up & begin our full day. Yadda,yadda,yadda I put Gus down for a nap at around 1:15p thinking of how sweet it will be to get a two-hour nap. Wait...this is the Orman household, right? Barrett finds a card of some sort with Elmo on it & being his generous self, he decides to give it to Gus. He knows how much Gus adores that lovable red animal. I thought it was sweet, but NOT waking Gus up at 2p sweet. OMG, are you kidding me. And now my nice mental rest of a nap would no longer be. I decided to make lemonade out of the lemmons I had just received. ( Figuratively, you know? ) So, we then organized some toys & I then got ready for work. These are the days I wish I went in later...much later. When I arrived at work, it was a typical Monday; busy, but not slammed. Not yet at least. Needless to say, Early on I was assigned a case, hurried up to wait, did that case, got a quick dinner break, went into another case,& after a hour of that case finished the night with another....yes case! You guys are so smart. Then, it gets better, begin getting Tuesday's cases ready! They really got their $4.25 an hour out of me last night-wink. The entire sad & depressing point: Knowing I could not have anything to eat or drink after midnight, except yummy water & black coffee. How appealing is that? I felt like I had had a B12 shot just thinking about water & black coffee. ( This is called irony or sarcasim. I learned that in English comp.001)So I arrive home, so wanting to dish getting the tests done, but knew if I didn't do it now, never would it be done. So I go for my 9a labs. Labs only I tell you. I wait in the large waiting room for about 20 minutes to then go to a smaller waiting room for about 15 minutes. The nurse greeted me in my 2nd area to take me beck to the lab. I could tell she knew I was beyond exhausted, but still asked " how are you this morning?" I stated "Boy, I can't wait to get to bed soon." " Did you just get off this morning?" She asked. I said" sure did, at around 6:45 this morning" " So where do you work?" she attempted to engage me; again. I said " Do you know where 3rd & Vance are?" puzzled, she steeped back and said "where on third & Vance?" I said with the straight face " that corner". We laughed & she was like a tick & drew some blood. Now Pa-lease, if I didn't have morals,ethics,religion, priorities & such I might give the street-trade a try. Uh,No! Don't think so. But it all made for some great conversation that kept me awake. Anywho, I think it is so much fun to just play lightly with people every now & then. Anywho, I am now going to lay down & hibernate for fall. I will try to get this whole "blogging thing " down soon. I hope you enjoy & if I made one person laugh today then that suits me.

No comments:

Post a Comment