Wednesday, May 20, 2009

If my door was a mood ring,would it be black or blue?






Okay, so I just cannot sit still for one day here at home. I seem to constantly have "projects"scattered about the house. Oddly enough, they get finished. Case in point. Derek & I went on a mini vacation to New Orleans few weeks ago. My parents were to stay at our home, as we know this is what the boys are familiar with & they cannot break anything of true value. I spent a couple weeks prior renovating parts of our home. I took off the ink pen that was used to portray a Van Gough by repainting his entire room. I touched-up every scuff mark, repainted every baseboard in sight & organized so well, it has still stuck around. So with this gorgeous weather I wanted to give our exterior a face lift. I had repainted the front door, but I wondered...'why must I continue with this monochromatic look?' It is definitely not my style anyway. So I have a couple of options, Blue or Black. I drove around our neighborhood & I love that we would be the first to change our door color. It is about time. We have only lived here for 7 years! So I like one color & Derek likes another. ( I won't tell who to what ) So I am at an em pass currently until I get enough insight as to what color. I did a few swatches this afternoon. I know the neighbors will wonder, because it looks so appealing-NOT! I'll just tell them what I told Derek,' Rather than putting blood on our door to cast away the 'Angel of Death' we now put black & blue.' I hope to know by Friday what color to do. Tomorrow when I get home from work it will be master bath time. I bought a completely different color & window treatments. I could literally live at Lowes. I even love the little $3.00 pints of sample colors I purchased for my test. It's the little things that make me happy. If anyone has a chance to look at the photos below, could ya give me a holla as to what to do??? Gotta run & get dinner ready,vacuum, play with the kidos & get myself presentable for this side thing I got going...my job-Ha

No comments:

Post a Comment