Thursday, May 21, 2009

One Creative Juice please!






I have come to the conclusion that sleep is highly over-rated. After working my twelve-hour shift this morning I was completely wiped out. I laid down on our bed & I couldn't rest. I was too excited to begin our master bath's face-lift. Excited I tell you! I began taping off everything & clearing it to the bare bones. I think it had been since 2002 when we first had it painted & decorated that it had looked this empty. It seems so long ago when the ' Palm Tree ' theme was the theme. Seven years later, I think the ' Palm Tree ' has died.I wanted a fresh, simple yet elegant look to get ready to. Something that was ' grown-up '. I did my first wall & a huge wave of accomplishment came over me. I was so proud of myself for doing such a meticulous job at painting. I often feel as though I start out fine & caring where the brush is going, but towards the end I get so ready to finish & become lazy. Not this time. I was consistent in all efforts. Maybe that is why I began at around 8:30a & was finished at around 3:30p. I loved looking at my accomplishment. And the money we saved put an even bigger smile on my face. Derek had no clue as to the bathroom face-lift & I was so excited to share it with him. I truly think he thinks it's a winner. It should be a winner on costs alone! I purchased the paint & window treatment at Lowes & the accesories & signage & such at my fav...Hobby Lobby all for...drum roll paleez....$83!!! How do ya like them apples? Anywho the first few pictures are of the after & there is one little palm tree of before. It's your turn to jusdge now!

No comments:

Post a Comment