Monday, June 8, 2009

Demon Child & Sounds so Simple...



So this weekend was interesting. I had a horribly busy day at work on Saturday, & I should have known it wasn't go to be good, as I didn't go & workout before my day began. I came home completely exhausted & listen to hubby's eventful day as well. The kidos have been trying our patience to the fullest recently & Saturday was no exception. The big event...Derek & Barrett got locked out of the house while Gus was sound asleep inside. I was in a five hour surgery & the neighbors didn't have a spare key. A locksmith was called & for the low price of $25...yes $25 you too can have your doors unlocked. God is so good. I just had to laugh or I would have found myself finding my " Happy Place ".I think we were both worn out. So I went to bed early & awoke early for church. Now, it seems that satin wants to attack us every Sunday morning. Is it just us? I seriously doubt it! Poor Derek forgot to pick up his clothes from the cleaners with all the excitement & didn't feel good wearing some of his older items. I didn't argue, because trust me, all of us ladies have been there. We just feel unattractive & blah some days. I took the kidos to church & the fun bagan! Just before the sermon was over, I received a page from Gus's room. That little pistol had tormented two other little boys & was all smiles about it. This was a definite grinding of the teeth moment of embarrassment! I mean we are talking blood involvement. I was so apologetic & upset in the one minute I was standing there. Gus is the little peace-maker at MDO, why now & of all places...why at church? I have since written three cards of apology to his teachers & the little boys that were tortured by our little demon. Humility is becoming a virtue since having Gus. It is also a nail in the coffin of so wanting to get off working on Saturdays period! There is a co-worker of mine that is desperately trying to get off the Tuesday & Thursday nights & now there seems to be an opening. I could swing into her two nights & be home for family dinners, choir rehearsal at church on Wednesday nights & be there to tuck the boys into bed. Oh so simple right? Not sure when it comes to work. I'm not too sure why this won't happen, but I am also not holding my breath on a better schedule. Don-cha just love life? I'll keep everyone posted on any changes with our lil' devil & a hopeful new schedule.

1 comment:

  1. Matt loves 80s music too. (notice I didn't include myself in that comparison!)

    I will say that 80s parties are so much fun! We had one a for Matt's 30th birthday. Just doing the research for it was fun. Remembering some of the fashion (faux pas) styles had us in stitches. You know you have a good outfit when people come up and say, "I had one just like that." Unfortunately, I heard that several times and all I could thing was UGH!!! I had an acid washed denim jumpsuit. Got it at the 2nd hand store for a couple of bucks! I still have it, just in case we go to another party!


    Allyson

    ReplyDelete