Monday, June 1, 2009

" You Hold My Heart "





My hubby, Derek , is one of the most patient & self-less men one could ever have the pleasure to know. He'll be the first to admit any wrong or fault & the last to be cared for. After a long day that he has had, he will offer to rub my feet without any expectation upon my part...wink ( wives know what I mean? )He may not have the keenest sense of direction, but humble enough to stop & ask for ones' assistance. He is one of the most hands on dad I could know. For four years now, he has sacrificed his Saturdays to be a full time dad while I work a twelve-hour shift. He has been both mom & dad on Monday & Wednesday evenings as I have, again , worked a twelve hour shift. He then gets the boys ready in the wee hours of the morning for daycare on Tuesday & Thursdays. Can I say " Super Dad "??? In my eyes he is. It takes an extremely patient man to live with me. My ups,my downs,my worries, my moods in general & when it is all said & done, he is my constant encourager to be better. He walks closely with Jesus & that rocks! If any of you read this today or tomorrow,please lift Derek up. He will be meeting a cardiologist Tuesday for some "issues" we need identified. He had a physical last month & his LDL ( I call it the lowsey cholesterol number )was 511. Normal is 150. He has been diligent in watching his food intake & has lost 23lbs. to date. Way to go Daddy! We realize we are not as young as we thought, but come on!!! There is also the ratio of Derek being adopted & the unknown history of his biological parents rests in our minds as well. I'll keep you posted as information arises. Thanks everyone! Take " HEART " in knowing you are appreciated!!! ( A little play on words )

No comments:

Post a Comment