Wednesday, June 24, 2009

These are the Days/Nights of Your Life






My work schedule has recently changed & I am totally thinking for the better. I will be working Monday through Thursday 10 pm til 6:45 am. Sounds rough, I know, but I will now have my Saturdays off with the ole family. We can now live like the Griswold's (spelling...you ALL know ) & load up the old station wagon. or HHR in our case & head out of town. For four years now Derek has been a single father when it comes to Saturdays. Taking the boys to birthday parties & whatnot & now I am here.Yeah!!!I feel bad kinda...infringing upon Derek's routine & all now. Hopefully, we will find the right chemistry to make it all coincide. I am so proud of what Derek has done on the weekends. He cleans. He mows the lawn. He cleans out the garage. He is a super dad first & foremost. His DJ business has really begun to take off & allowing me to be off on Saturdays will allow him even more freedom to book certain engagements. Cha-Ching$$$Big Daddy..." Show me the Money!" I have expressed how important it is to be at home in the evenings with the boys. I have enjoyed so very much in cooking for them, bathing them, reading to them, praying with them & kissing their sweet little faces good night. I just need to come up with a few more good dinner recipes for the guys. I am so fortunate to have this schedule. To contribute to the family & be a stay-at-home mommy. Now, I have only done two nights of this thus far & will not have childcare on Wednesdays & Fridays, so maybe I should wait til my sleep deprivation kicks in full swing to let you know how I really feel...LOL! Whatever the case, I am thankful for the Lord to allow this change. God is good! Can I get an " Amen " ? I am including a few pictures from night two with the boys. I mean, when could I cook a great meal, give Gator a bath because Mac n' Cheese was poured onto him, then give the boys a bath & call it a night? Ah, motherhood. I am finding myself with more energy ,as well, doing an eight hour shift rather than a twelve. Again, we shall see. I may delete this post if I ever get on the verge of calling it quits. NEH! Who am I kidding? I am basically off from Friday mornings through the weekend til Monday evening. Can we say mini-vacation or Pickwick around the corner? I'll say it again...God is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment