Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Safe Waters






So Derek went to see the cardiologist at Memphis Heart Clinic. I was going to meet him, just as support, but my timing wasn't the best. I had a hair appointment that ran late...NO BIGGIE GUYS!!! The marriage is fine. I think Derek wanted his space to talk " freely " about eating habits, weight & whatnot. The doc did not seem too concerned about how high his levels were. That, I think, put Derek at ease as well. Derek will arrive back on Friday the 12th for a stress test...boy, if they want an accurate reading I will definitely NOT be invited to sit in on that test! They will also perform an Echo on him. It could quite possibly PVCs. That extra beat in the heart's rhythm. I had constant PVCs when I was preggers with Gus. Not sure if Derek should be telling me something???!!!-Ha. Did he watch the movie ' Junior ' too many times? Don't think so. He is on new cholesterol medicine & has lost 28 lbs thus far. I feel so much like that Slimquick commercial with the hubby & wife. I am a constant walker or workout chic & I either maintain or loose maybe, at best, 2-3 lbs. What's up with that? Actually, I will not loose hardly anything until I come off nights or sleep regular hours. The body will not produce the cortisol it needs to function properly-argg to working nights. Oh well!
Barrett has also began taking swimming lessons for the very first time this week. The first day he was rather ' gung ho ' about it, the second day...well, I thought I would need a shot of liquor ( which is NOT me ) just to get hime out of the car. Moms of toddlers you know the situation? You're grinding your teeth & speaking in a lower tone to " get out of the car " or " do not embarrass me ". The latter phrase is my fav! He reluctantly got out of the car & went to his lesson. It was so not the day for me to have gotten off work, no sleep, pick him up & deal with that, then go get my hair done, clean house, pick up kidos, cook dinner & THEN fall asleep at around 8pm. I'm exhausted just remembering it. Today was better & I hope he continues with wanting to learn now. It is vital for him. Gus, just bites my fingers to let him go under water. Go figure. We came home today & had a picnic with the boys' new Cars outdoor table set. ( gotta love wal-mart )So enjoy the pictures & the dogs say " help " as I am now their official groomer. I think I did pretty good & plus, saving mula! No guts, No glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment